Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Every now and then you have a crappy day; today was mine. To make it even better, it was in the 50s and rainy. It's getting to the point where I am mentally exhausted from applying for jobs. I have searched high and low. I have used every social network, online and in person, and everything has led to a dead end. I have gotten nothing but great feedback in all areas, and have only gotten passed up by someone else for a job spot once. I've worked my ass off everyday and done everything you're supposed to do and then more. I don't know what to do! Literally! Where do I go? When I graduated it became exciting because for the first time in my life I don't have anything planned out. I don't know what I'm doing and it's gone from exciting to scary. The fact that 99% of companies aren't hiring and I can't control it. I don't know when anything is going to be better. My money from summer jobs of past isn't going to last forever, and I'm going to have to find a random part-time job to at least pay my bills. It would seem humbling, but in this point in your life you're supposed to be in the real world. Not in the high school world. It's okay to live at home when you get out of college, but right now this could go on for another year at least. Nothing good or worthwhile ever comes easy, I know this is true, and something will eventually come, but WHEN! At least you know out of high school some college would take you, hence back-up options, satellite campuses, etc. Here in the real world, back-ups are Blockbuster and satellite campuses are your grandparent's spare bedrooms.

I am so frustrated! Hopefully this crappy mood will pass when I wake up tomorrow. I'm clearly not giving up, I'm just lost in the woods.

1 comment:

  1. i love you and we'll bushwhack our way through the damn woods if we have to. :)

    ReplyDelete