Saturday, July 25, 2009

Update

So it's been almost 2 full weeks sin laptop/internet at my disposal. I'm not even mad! I feel like I've had more time on my hands, probably because I'm not just sitting in front of a screen. Ironically, the last two weeks I have been sick and I found out today I have strep throat. It was a slow, painful process starting with my eyes being all swollen as if someone was constantly punching me in the face, and as if I was getting stung by 50 bees at the same time. Knock on wood, I am most always in good health, so this kind of came out of no where. You'll have it, so no biggie.
I'm still unemployed, but have been trying to catch up on the freelances I got before my vacation. Unfortunately my graphics card died so my laptop has been in what I like to call the Apple Hospital for the last week. I can't wait to get it back! It's like someone took my child from me! I'm actually very calm about the entire situation because the repair is free and I have all of my work/photos/music backed up on HDs and CDs, so nothing is lost. It is sort of difficult to not have my iMail application where I OCD organize all mail. Now, I have to use the gmail online version where all mail is just a clusterf*. Oh well, it gives me a project for when I get my laptop back :)
Other than that, I've just had to hang out with friends who were leaving the state for jobs, and friends that were coming back from vacations/excursions. There is one tavern in particular that is almost owned by my graduating class from high school. Just about everyone is in Cincinnati and unemployed so all we do is go to this place to hang out and catch up. Kind of takes the suspense out of the 5-year reunion next year, but what can you do. Sounds like everyone is still in the same job-searching boat, but is still optimistic because we have to be.
My eyes are getting super tired from looking at this PC desktop screen, and I'm waiting for my meds to kick in for the night, so I will leave everything at that! More later hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment