Friday, July 3, 2009

reCHARGE

So I'm feeling bits better after taking a mini-vacation to Athens yesterday/today. It was really good to get my head out of the job search and just cool down. It was the first time I was a hobo at OU since my official visit in 2004. Not having a house or dorm room there is just plain odd. It's like going back to the house you grew up in as a child and seeing the new owners and all the changes they've made to the house. Weird. Even better, it was great to see some friends, especially one of my roommates from the past year. I really do have a fantastic group of friends all over this world. Highlights from yesterday/today include:

1. Big Mama's Burritos, baby mama chipotle ranch burrito tasted so good at the time, but later on made my stomach a little woozy.

2. Seeing new construction on Court Street, including the street work on Carpenter. Athens is like Mexico. At all times someone is always cleaning, building, or fixing something.

3. Visiting my old house, 93. There are FLOWER POTS on the stoops. Unacceptable. At least the landlords got them a new mailbox.

4. Playing Mario Cart at 2am with Cliff and continuously falling off the face of the earth.

5. Snagging NINE cups from the CI. When I get my first apartment I want to open my cupboard and have nothing but CI cups to drink out of.

6. Walking about what felt like 15 miles to the new Summit apartments, while dropping my cups every 10 steps.

7. The game Q102 played on the radio as Cam and I were driving through Adams County. 6 songs all with something in common, basically a guessing game. All the songs we heard had the word "All" in the title.

8. Running into Leah and watching intervention on A&E. It was with a set of twins that were anorexic and since had no souls.

I think that's about all I can gather for now. It was a pretty rock solid night. Today is for recharging. I am turning my cell phone off, taking a hot shower, and reading. Okay, and catching Conan too.

No comments:

Post a Comment